Do you know anyone who might like to do a sponsored walk or other activity in 2020 to help raise awareness of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and biomedical research funds for Invest in ME Research?
Sarah-Louise Fittall Jordan, Luke Remnant, Ian McPhee and Geoff Allen, have launched Walk for ME 2020, their 8th consecutive year of fundraising in which they have raised over £150,000 for ME research thanks to walkers, runners and swimmers across England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the Isle of Man as well as in France, Germany, Spain, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and on both coasts of America!
The original idea behind Walk for ME was that friends and family of an ME sufferer did a sponsored walk on their behalf, hence the name. Since then, supporters have chosen several other activities too, in their quest to help the team raise money for biomedical research into ME.
The hope is that this will be a fun event even though it is poignant. The whole idea is that a friend or family member is doing something that their loved one would love to be able to do but can’t because of their illness.
Walk for ME has its own fundraising page for Invest in ME Research on JustGiving and a team page for fundraisers to join. This makes it easier for them to keep tabs on totals raised but if you prefer to use another fundraising platform just let them know the link.
To create your own page and join the Walk for ME fundraising team on JustGiving in suppport of Invest in ME Research:
1. Go to justgiving.com/investinm-e
2. Click the box ‘fundraise for us’
3. Either log in to your account or sign up if you’re new to JustGiving
4. Click on ‘personal challenge’ under ‘What are you doing?’
5. Follow the steps and choose your JustGiving web address
6. Click on ‘create your page’
7. Personalise your page. You can say who you are walking for and why
8. Then go to justgiving.com/teams/walkforme2020 and scroll down and click on ‘Join the team’
9. Select your fundraising page to add it to the team
10. You can then send your own JustGiving address to friends to raise sponsorship. Any target you set on your own page will automatically add to the team target.
You can find Walk for ME on Facebook and Twitter.
A big THANK YOU Team Walk for ME and supporters!