UPDATE ON TOTAL RAISED BY TEAM SWIM FOR ME
A challenge for swimmers in aid of Invest in ME Research!
Swim a mile in May for ME is a new fundraiser for Invest in ME Research.
Anyone is welcome to take part and the idea is that a team, or an individual, swim a mile in May ME Awareness Month to raise funds for the charity Invest in ME Research for biomedical research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
It can be a relay, an individual swim or a number of swims throughout May to reach your total.
The target is a mile but individuals and teams can choose to do more or less or whatever is appropriate for them.
Absolutely everyone is welcome to join the team regardless of distance aimed for and there are no set fundraising targets just whatever feels appropriate.
Please do join in if you can!
There’s a team page on JustGiving but if you’re using another fundraising platform just let us know if you want to be included in the team total raised. We’d love to hear about any swims people are planning and will help if we can.
Supporters can also email the charity directly at email@example.com for fundraising aids such as T-shirts, wristbands, info materials, collection boxes and if you are also collecting money offline, you can download sponsorship forms.
To create your own fundraising page and join the Swim a mile in May for ME team on JustGiving:
1. Go to justgiving.com/investinm-e
2. Click the box ‘fundraise for us’
3. Either log in to your account or sign up if you’re new to JustGiving
4. Click on ‘personal challenge’ under ‘What are you doing?’
5. Follow the steps and choose your JustGiving web address
6. Click on ‘create your page’ and personalise it however you like
8. Then go to justgiving.com/teams/swimforme and scroll down and click on ‘Join the team’
9. Select your fundraising page to add it to the team
10. You can then send your own JustGiving address to friends to raise sponsorship. Any target you set on your own page will automatically add to the team target.
Signed up at the time of writing are Amanda Buckley, Cath Clapton,
and young Izzy and Chloe and Ruby for “Our lovely dad Luke Remnant has had ME for ten years and we desperately want him to get well so he can live a normal life again and do all the things with us that he wants to so much.”
There’s also a public Facebook group you can join here run by Luke Remnant, Ian McPhee, Sarah-Louise Fittall Jordan, Geoff Allen, and Paul Kayes.
Please share widely if you’d like to support.
Let’s pool resources and Swim a mile in May for ME!
Thank you for supporting Invest in ME Research
Invest in ME Research is an independent UK charity finding, funding and facilitating a strategy of biomedical research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME or ME/CFS). The charity is run by volunteers – patients or parents of children with ME – with no paid staff. Overheads are kept to a minimum and all funds raised to go to promoting education of, and funding for biomedical research into, ME. Their efforts are focused on setting up a UK Centre of Excellence for ME which will provide proper examinations, diagnosis and in time treatment(s)/cure(s).