Team Walk for ME welcomes you to their 7th consecutive year of fundraising!
The original idea behind Walk for ME was that friends and family of an ME sufferer did a sponsored walk on their behalf, hence the name. Since then, supporters have chosen several other activities too, in their quest to help the team raise money for biomedical research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Walk for ME has had walkers, runners and swimmers across England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the Isle of Man as well as in France, Germany, Spain, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and on both coasts of America. So far they have raised over £127,952 including gift aid. Every penny goes towards the search for a cure.
Walk for ME is run by Sarah-Louise Fittall Jordan, Luke Remnant and Ian McPhee. They hope this will be a fun event even though it is poignant. The whole idea is that a friend or family member is doing something that their loved one would love to be able to do but can’t because of their illness.
In 2019, Walk for ME is again kindly supporting Invest in ME Research.
They have created a JustGiving fundraising page for anyone who would like to support or take part in Walk for ME 2019 but does not want to set up their own fundraising page: justgiving.com/fundraising/teamwalkforme2019
To create your own page and join the Walk for ME fundraising team on JustGiving in suppport of Invest in ME Research:
1. Go to justgiving.com/investinm-e
2. Click the box ‘fundraise for us’
3. Either log in to your account or sign up if you’re new to JustGiving
4. Click on ‘personal challenge’ under ‘What are you doing?’
5. Follow the steps and choose your JustGiving web address
6. Click on ‘create your page’
7. Personalise your page. You can say who you are walking for and why
8. Then go to justgiving.com/teams/walkforme2019 and scroll down and click on ‘Join the team’
9. Select your fundraising page to add it to the team
10. You can then send your own JustGiving address to friends to raise sponsorship. Any target you set on your own page will automatically add to the team target.
Many thanks to Sarah-Louise, Luke, Ian and all joining Team Walk for ME.
Thank you for supporting Invest in ME Research!
Update: Huge thanks to Lauren and family as the first to sign up for 2019!
Lauren, her husband and two children, her mother, sister and her two children, and her aunt will all do a two-mile walk to raise money for Invest in ME Research. The walk will take place near her mother’s home close to Orlando, Florida. Read Lauren’s story here: justgiving.com/fundraising/lauren-pwme