Thanking You on 8 Years of the Let’s Do It for ME Campaign
Click here to see original and to subscribe to future free e-newsletters.
Invest in ME Research has been highlighting the development of a Centre of Excellence for ME and its opportunities for some years. We are pleased that the work the charity has put in to form the foundations of research has progressed slowly but surely thanks to our supporters who believed in our strategy and supported our plans. More and more are gradually becoming aware of the foundations that have been laid to make sustainable progress in research and treatment of ME.
There are many areas of life where unsung heroes make sacrifices in order to make progress – never desiring recognition or fame or glory for themselves – but just trying to make a difference.
Let’s Do It for ME (LDIFME) is an awareness and fundraising campaign launched in July 2011 by severely ill housebound or bedbound patients. The team met on Facebook and wanted to do something positive and practical to support the proposal by Invest in ME Research to establish a Centre of Excellence for ME based at Norwich Research Park and working in collaboration with other researchers in UK and internationally.
LDIFME have recently celebrated their eighth year and we wished to acknowledge their efforts and achievements – these selfless, unsung heroes who are and have been a credit to people with ME and their families and carers.
The LDIFME team has composed a summary of some of the work performed and the achievements realised over the last eight years.
We wish to thank the LDIFME team and all the supporters of every campaign, every fundraiser, every letter of support, every contribution made to this great grassroots movement- which has made so many innovations over the years to make progress in research, treatment and perception of ME.
Because of their efforts we now have a real possibility to make progress and it is right before us, having already established the following -.
Thank you LDIFME and our supporters for your wonderful efforts.
- A UK/European hub for biomedical research into ME
- A clinical trial which will raise the profile of ME and achieve scientific objectives
- A GP fellowship to educate GPs and create champions in clinical care for people with ME,
- PhD students introduced to research
- Medical students involved in research
- High-quality biomedical research from top researchers in the leading European research park, complete with university and university hospital,
- European collaboration
- A European ME Clinicians group established and working
- A European ME Researchers group forming
- International research Colloquiums bringing researchers together.
- International ME Conferences that allow researchers, clinicians, patient groups and carers to interact and network.
All this achieved by IiMER, LDIFME and our supporters ……. it is already there, just needing funding to maintain.
Read more on the LDIFME site at this link-
We welcome support to continue our work to develop further the hub for biomedical research into ME-
Thank you all at IiMER from Team LDIFME!
Invest in ME Research – Let’s Do It!